MOREGEOUS

My photo
United Kingdom
http://moregeous.wordpress.com/ THIS BLOG HAS BEEN MOVED TO THE ABOVE ADDRESS AT WORDPRESS (FROM JUNE 2009) SEE YOU THERE!

3 Jun 2009

Project Deano

The guys have started on Project Deano today and the rip out commenced on time, well, after we'd tracked down an errant labourer. M was half way thru the Ok we'll see you tomorrow then sentence when I grabbed the phone and barked in a Debra from the Apprentice type fashion that M would be round for him in twenty minutes. I'll post some befores tomorrow, it was truly horrendous, as well as slightly illegal in lots of electrical and structural ways. Nothing scary and unfixable though. That's often no reflection on the landlord either, as the rules and regs change so bloody often these days (grasping government taxing bx!/x!*ds) that by the time you've done some work, it's illegal. It's ridiculous more like.
This is a picture of a bowing, warping bit of timber which seems to be holding up a rear elevation, it so should be metal, and will be by the time we've finished:
And there was a wall here, but I have a penchant for taking walls down. Here the bathroom will be far better with a centrally opening door, and the wall wasn't load bearing, so down it came. I love open plan, but even I would draw the line at looking at the loo every time I got to the top of the stairs.

The green shoots of Homesmine recovery may well be poking though, in that developers are starting to book episodes again so we can go out and film their developments. Next week's episode will be two apartment blocks, one new build in Old Trafford and a mill conversion in Manchester city centre, and we did the links today. Sadly I got most excited about the map application on my new iPhone, finding where we were going and then locating ourselves thru the GPS... felt like a Will Smith film, highly amusing, I must be old. 


No comments:

Post a Comment