MOREGEOUS

My photo
United Kingdom
http://moregeous.wordpress.com/ THIS BLOG HAS BEEN MOVED TO THE ABOVE ADDRESS AT WORDPRESS (FROM JUNE 2009) SEE YOU THERE!

31 Mar 2009

Project Lennon - Finished and tenant in!







Well, it's been an 8 week project, as planned, & the tenant moved today, she's an existing tenant who is up-sizing & moving from 1 flat to another. I'm really pleased with the studio it feels light & airy, & the high ceilings, new picture rail & revamped fireplace give it a sense of character and personality.

It's pretty unrecognisable....




There are still some bits to do, finish round the fireplace with oak beading and I'm debating mirroring over the red and damaged inset tiles in the fireplace.

The oak style flooring was good value, from Ikea, I have re-used a Klippan sofa which has been taking up room in my house forever (instead of spending money on a new one), both tables have been repainted in black gloss, and the mirror was an original pine monstrosity from Project Lennon which again had been repainted.

And when the tenant saw it, she gasped, and said, quote, wow, it feels like a real flat - which makes me think I need to do something to the one she was in......

No comments:

Post a Comment