MOREGEOUS

My photo
United Kingdom
http://moregeous.wordpress.com/ THIS BLOG HAS BEEN MOVED TO THE ABOVE ADDRESS AT WORDPRESS (FROM JUNE 2009) SEE YOU THERE!

5 Mar 2009

Sold As Seen

I bloody hate this phrase. 
Two things I've bought in recent months. The first: a microwave and steel surround from John Lewis, Cheadle, where the saleslady SWORE that it was perfect, and it was all bubble wrapped so she was reluctant to unwrap it, so I bought it and took it to the clients house. Opened it to fit it 8 weeks later, and it was scratched to buggary. Took it back to JL and they've told me to, effectively, get stuffed. Very naughty. And the customer service woman was adamant it was my own fault, as it was 'sold as seen', even though the sales woman told her she'd told me it was perfect. Hmmmmm.
The second: B&Q, a Zone shower cubicle, less than half price, on clearance, and again I asked if all the bits were in the box, and was told Yes. Opened it up today, and, put it this way, it would have been easier to list the 4 bits we did have as opposed to the 33 bits that were missing :-) Trying to figure out what was missing in broken Polish was irritating enough (major downside of Polish workers), but Kerrie at B&Q Stockport could not have been more helpful, what an absolute star, could have kissed her. She sorted it, fixed it, rang me back, god loves DIY staff like Kerrie, I love DIY staff like Kerrie.
And she isn't even a 'partner' in the business like at John Lewis. I know where I'd pick to take my sold as seen business in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment