MOREGEOUS

My photo
United Kingdom
http://moregeous.wordpress.com/ THIS BLOG HAS BEEN MOVED TO THE ABOVE ADDRESS AT WORDPRESS (FROM JUNE 2009) SEE YOU THERE!

23 Mar 2009

Bread machines??

I hate supermarkets. (Except Waitrose). All they do is tempt you to buy loads of crap you don't need at vastly inflated prices. I made a pact with myself to never do a 'weekly shop' again about four years ago, and whilst still using them occasionally, mostly go to Andy, my local butcher, or a little fruit n veg shop in Withington. Chorlton is the best for food shopping, Unicorn, Into the Blue, Barbarkan, but its a trek for someone with no time. I distinctly remember shopping when young at lots of little places, and knowing all the owners and them chatting to me as a child. Not spotty teenagers with an attitude and assistants who seen once disappear never to be seen again. And the former is a nice way to shop. Tough, sometimes, with a busy life, but possible once you've made the decision. I digress. With some 'points' from some ridiculous 'reward' system a few years ago I obtained a bread machine which has never been used. Today, a very early 7am start (I don't do mornings), combined with a packet of bread mix which has been peeking out at me for the past 6 months from behind the tagliatelli jar, saw the aforementioned bread machine unearthed and christened. Are they supposed to just shake gently? Can't find the instructions now, surprise surprise, so have just poured the mix and water in together and turned it on. Though about adding something interesting, like sundried toms / walnuts but figured best to get this first boring one right then experiment. Roll on 11am....

No comments:

Post a Comment