• Create balance on mantelpieces and other surfaces by juxtaposing one overscaled object with two or three miniature ones
• Beware colour as classic Kelly is a yin-yang scheme of dark and pale, using a palette of neutral colours and contrasting textures.
• Mix old and new antique and vintage, against the clean lines of stark contemporary pieces
• Introduce texture as without it, a neutral scheme will look flat and dead.
• Start with linen as your first choice of fabric: without it, a scheme will never feel quite right.
• Unblock energy within the home using crystals, colour, candles, music and chainmail curtains made of small metal balls.
• Create symmetry, if a fireplace is off-centre in a room, make sure you line the sofa up with it.
Kelly's web-site is http://www.kellyhoppenretail.com/