MOREGEOUS

My photo
United Kingdom
http://moregeous.wordpress.com/ THIS BLOG HAS BEEN MOVED TO THE ABOVE ADDRESS AT WORDPRESS (FROM JUNE 2009) SEE YOU THERE!

27 Feb 2009

Endowment policies & crap advice!

Sent of an application to the Financial Ombudsman  earlier this week re my vastly underperforming endowment policy, they are snowed under, he said, so it'll be about 9 months before anything is looked at. It's thousands under what was 'promised'. I think it was promised with no inverted commas - I distinctly remember the girl who sold it us getting very excited about the huge cash surplus we were bound to get, and what we would spend it one, cars, holidays, and this sucked us in completely. However Legal & General say it wasn't promised at all, and that in fact, even though we were first time buyers who knew diddly squit about mortgages, we were fully capable, after a 45 minute meeting with an excitable young salesgirl, of understanding complex financial investments and could assess our own attitude to risk. Hmmmm. 
Just as interesting is the crap company Oasis who've 'helped' me with this claim so far....i.e. they have forwarded mail from L&G. No advice, no guidance, no expert help. To the point when they stopped helping at all and contact ceased about a month ago. Despite emails and calls, nothing, so I rang the FO and asked for the forms direct, set up a case, filled them in and sent them back. And then two days later Oasis sent the forms I'd been asking for for a month. Christ. I sent them back. Maybe if they'd have given me some proper help in the first bloody place, L&G wouldn't have rejected the initial claim and I wouldn't be going to the FO....

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry mines crap also FSA told me it's tough luck and good bye basically

    ReplyDelete